Special Promotional Registration Page
Choose single or
You receive a 20% discount on all our classes
Or buy two or more for an additional discount.
Online Scene Writing Class
8 Week – Thursday Nights, Online
Starts June 23
Time: 6 PM – 9 PM
Do you want to learn how to make YOUR scenes vivid and full of tension and suspense? That’s what you do in this online class. You bring in yours, and we show you how to make them great. We are great guides to showing you what patterns your scenes fit into, how these classic patterns work — which gives you devices, tricks, storylines, and lines of attack to sharpen the scene and make it vivid, original, and full of life. Your scenes are read in class — which by itself is a wonderful tool to help you understand how to make them extraordinary. There are two main skills required to write a great screenplay. You have to be able to write a storyline that engages an audience (See StoryMaker 101) and then you have to be able to bring that storyline to life with vivid scenes that develop character, have subtext, conflicts, and reveal action by showing, not telling. See more here…
Your promotional price 20% off – $237
The Rules of Action, Mystery & Thrillers
Sunday, June 26, Time: 10 AM – 6 PM
- The secret PATTERNS and devices of all three genres.
- How all three genres grab an audience and keep them at the edge of their seats (by giving their audiences specific visual drugs.)
- The storylines and characters that each different genre use (and they are all different.)
- How to KNOW which genre you’re writing in (many writers mistakenly structure their thriller as a suspense film!)
- How masters of action James Cameron, J.J. Abrams, Quentin Tarantino (and others!) make simple scenes exciting.
- How to create characters that deliver the emotions your audience craves.
- How to take any idea and shape it INTO your genre, making it original AND audience-pleasing.
Writing Love: Romance, Romantic Comedy, Tragic Romance
Saturday, July 9, Time: 10 AM – 6 PM
- The secret dynamic between the two lovers in EVERY love story: what each lover TEACHES the other and how it informs their entire character arc.
- How to create ORIGINAL love stories, avoiding the cliches that keep your story from selling.
- How to ORGANIZE your love story around the single most important power of the movie.
- How masters of love stories – think Cameron Crowe, Nicholas Sparks, Nancy Myers, and Michael Patrick King – deliver the FEELINGS your audience craves.
Writing the Independent Drama & Comedy
Saturday, July 30, Time: 10 AM – 6 PM
- How to find the heart of your story.
- How to create a hero that an audience will connect to – even if they don’t like them.
- Character techniques to bring forward conflict and drama.
- How to write a character and story that actors and directors will salivate over.
- How to avoid getting stuck in the second act.
- Techniques for writing an ensemble story.
- The one thing you MUST have in order to write an effective drama.
- How to add drama, tension and suspense even if your story has almost NO ACTION.
- What Academy Award winning movies always do to make them GREAT.
All live classes are held at
* Money Back Guarantee.
If you are not completely satisfied with the class your money will be cheerfully refunded.
Class confirmation will be emailed to you after registration.